The team has been heads down this month bringing improvements and squashing bugs to all things Meltano. Let's take a look at some of the bigger items we shipped recently!
☁️ Meltano Cloud
🚀 Automated deployments
Now when you set your deployment to track a git branch, any new commits that appear on that branch will automatically be deployed in Meltano Cloud. Previously users had to complete an additional manual step to get any new committed changes deployed.
Static deployments are still possible by referencing a particular git hash.
🚨 Custom Notifications
Cloud customers now have greater flexibility over their notifications.
With the updated
config CLI command, you can specify exactly how you want to receive notifications.
Email and webhooks are the initially supported destinations and the payload of the notification can be filtered to exactly how you want it - failures only, successes only, or anything!
meltano cloud config notification set
➕ Add new projects from the CLI
New projects can now easily be added from the CLI to your Meltano Cloud account. This simplifies onboarding for new users as well as our power users that have 10s or 100s of projects they need to onboard.
v2.20.0 of Meltano Core was released. This was mostly a bug, performance, and doc update release.
We added a "Most Popular" listing to the Extractors page. Check it out!
The Meltano Team and Community have also been busy adding new connectors and utilities to the Hub. Many of the new connectors are related to our recent blog post about how LLMs are mostly data pipelines.
- Added the MeltanoLabs variant of tap-jira - Link
- Added the MeltanoLabs variant of tap-mysql. This tap is still under active development. - Link
- Added the MeltanoLabs variant of tap-beautifulsoup - Link
- Added the sehnem variant of tap-shopify which supports accessing data via graphql - Link
- Added the map-gpt-embeddings mapper. This can be used to connect to OpenAI to generate embeddings for any data from an extractor - Link
- Added the MeltanoLabs variant of target-pinecone which is a Vector Database for storing embeddings. - Link
- Added Tableau utility which can be used to trigger a refresh of Tableu data source - Link
- Added the dbt Artifacts utility which can be used to process dbt-generated artifacts for other use cases such as model lineage - Link
We shipped 2 releases of the SDK:
- Improved connection handling in SQL targets by sharing a connector instance among stream sinks
- Expose builtin